Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

My mom's birthday was yesterday and we had a "Surprise 60th Luau Party" for her.  I made a two tiered luau themed cake and cupcakes.  I forgot to take pictures of the cupcakes(pina colada cupcakes with a coconut cream cheese frosting), but my sister took some, so hopefully I will be able to share those pictures with you soon.  Thank you to everyone that came and shared such a wonderful day.




The top cake is chocolate with chocolate mousse.  The bamboo is made of fondant.  The tiki faces are made out of modeling chocolate and all the flowers are made of fondant/gum paste.  The bottom cake is white with buttercream. In the back is a lei that is made of fondant as well.  

The lei that was made out of fondant.


My beautiful mom.  Happy Birthday, Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment