Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Shower for My Sister

My younger sister is expecting her second child in the next couple of weeks.  This past Sunday we had a baby shower for her to get ready to welcome him into the world.  I decided to make several different desserts for the baby shower that day.  I thought it would be cute to make my sister (of course pregnant) out of fondant and put her on top of the cake.


The cake is a four layer white cake with butterceram and fondant over the buttercream. This was my first time trying a chocolate cupcake with caramel and it was delicious.  It's a chocolate cupcake with a caramel filling and then a salted caramel buttercream and more caramel drizzled on top.

Baby Boy Cake Balls-Lemon Raspberry dipped in White Chocolate

Brownie Cake Pops dipped in White Chocolate

Brownie Cake Pops dipped in Chocolate

Sugar Cookies


More Sugar Cookies


Red Velvet Cupcakes with a Butter Icing.  I got this recipe for the icing from my Mom some time ago.  Just my opinion, I'm not a big fan of red velvet with cream cheese frosting, especially after eating this frosting on red velvet since I was a kid.
 
 
Homemade Butter Mints





No comments:

Post a Comment