Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy "60th" Birthday Larry

I had the honor of making three cakes over the weekend for one of my best friends dad.  The cake themes were all his favorite hobbies: hunting, fishing, and gardening.  Happy Birthday Larry! (Ruth Ann, Larry told me the day of the party he loved the cakes, but if I would have made a cake with you on it, it would have completed all the loves in his life.)

White cake with buttercream. Treeand deer are made out of modeling chocolate. Tree stand and ladder are the only things that are not edible. I wish I had a picture that was closer showing the little acorns of the ground.  The squirrel has one in his hands.

Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. Everything is edible, except the fishing line from the pole to the fishes mouth. Everything else is fondant.


Carrot cake with a buttermilk glaze and cream cheese frosting covered in fondant. All the vegetables are edible on the cake and made from fondant as well as the scarecrow.
 Thank you Ruth Ann for the order and inviting us to share Larry's birthday with you and your family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment